KLAUS STAUDT German, b. 1932

Overview

Klaus Staudt (b. 1932 Otterndorf am Main, Germany) is one of the leading exponents of constructive and concrete art in Germany. Staudt studied medicine from 1954 – 1959 but after a visit to the Academy of Fine Arts in Munich, he started a course there in the studios of Ernst Geitlinger and Georg Meistermann. Together with Gerhard von Graevenitz and Jürgen Morschel, he founded the gallery nota in Munich in 1960 and became a member of the nouvelle tendance.

 

His oeuvre is based upon simple geometric forms encased in transparent Plexiglas which give the illusion of movement as the viewer’s eye travels, with the interplay between colour, light and shadow influencing perception.  Exhibited continuously for over 40 years, in 1997 Staudt had a retrospective at Museum für Konkrete Kunst, Ingolstadt and his works are represented in many important public and private collections in Europe, including, the Daimler AG Collection, Stuttgart, the Museum of Concrete Art, Ingolstadt, and the Haus Konstruktiv, Zürich, Kunstmuseum Basel.

 

Klaus Staudt lives and works in Frankfurt, Germany.

Works
Exhibitions
Publications
News